Skip to main content

Kshema's 7 Quick Takes Friday (Volume 05/2015)


And then Lord said, "Let there be week days"!




Manic Monday

Hello Monday! Starting day of the week is usually the one filled with frenzy. You are the day when the "To Do" list that's written in the first morning hours is long; and the Inbox gets flooded too. Chase and get chased; and it runs into the other days of the week when the chase weakens by Wednesday and tries to pause by Friday, only to start afresh the next Monday. Home takes backseat.



Turn Up Tuesday

Hey there Tuesday! Work craziness continues with growing number of rush hours, calls, clicking and clacking of keyboard and mouse, multiple windows of word processors, spreadsheets, and browsers strewn open across multiple systems. Programmers feverishly scripting away their ideas to meet the expectations of their principals amidst balancing the poking requests of a network of users.... silently cursing themselves and their days for they cannot satisfy all. The whole environment resembles late night party where everyone is occupied and yet not connected. It is not uncommon to notice a an occasional head or two popping up "is it Friday tomorrow"? Nevertheless, that's the beauty of workplace! Home still resting in backseat.




Wacky Wednesday

"Listen Wednesday, with you, I drag myself to work; and I do not like that." When we are in a hurry we're sure to commit errors. Realizing that the speed that we caught up on Tuesday was not worth, we tend to loosen up a bit; wear our thinking hats and forage for new strategies, while heart silently cries for Friday. Home yawns and wakes up to look around. Laundry Reminder 1.


And I tend to shush up my mind.



Throwback Thursday

"Oh! Thursday? Come on in, didn't quite realize you are already here." We huddle up and discuss the unfinished tasks vowing to wrap them up before we part for the weekend. Some even think of sacrificing the lunch hour and sit back late while the mobile flashes home number calling. Mind recalls the list of chores and errands with respect to home sweet home. And I choose the philosophy of an optimist to see the glass as half-filled.

  



Feel-good Friday

TGIF!! Mind shouts. Besides, "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". Quick mental calculations and taking stock of situation. Shooting off reminders over emails and phone calls. There are unfinished jobs. They are transferred to the "To Do" list of upcoming week. Someone from inside sighs! Only if I had the power to complete all the lined-up tasks, I would have been a happy weekender...... well, you know what? forget it! I did whatever is within my reach and control. "Dear Friday, I'm so glad we're back together. I'm sorry you had to see me with Monday-Thursday, but I swear I was thinking of you the whole time. Come let's do a happy Friday dance." No wonder you deserve more!

 



Splendid Saturday

Oh Saturday! you are a perfect day for me to splurge into some relaxation, self-pampering and weekend shopping. Home is the happiest to get all the attention; you'll are being taken care of baby and we have another day too... so hang in there!


Spiritual Sunday

O Peace of mind, I beckon you. Please come to me as we have Sunday with us. I can afford to spend time with you. You and I have met last Sunday and bid adieu to each other saying promises to meet up every Sunday.


And then I assure you, I shall be contented to start yet another productive week.


Images courtesy: Google Images

PS: I am considering to change the frequency of posting to monthly or random. Please let me know of any suggestions.


I wish you a wonderful weekend!!


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What went wrong?

It has been a few months that I bought this book - Essentialism by Greg McKeown . I found the book very realistic and baring the naked truth of my life in my face. But could not get even half way through it... as usual, got distracted with the non-essentials in my, after all, plain Jane life. I hate to say this but my life is mundanely simple. There are no excitements, no yahoo moments, not much of travel, no great social connect either. But I do have a bunch of good friends. Interestingly, I have picked up good friends in all walks of my life. I am neither a chatty kind nor a monk. And, am happy for the fact that my friends do not hate me. I do not offer opinions and advises, unless specifically asked for. Nor do I criticize anybody 'coz I do not know what the other person is/was caught up in. In a nutshell, I do not waste my energy on this stuff. And, I am meticulous in whatever work I am given to do. These are a few things that I am proud of. Well, coming back to the book in re...

Ubuntu does the magic again!

My mother is on visit to my place. She is here for a week. Yesterday, I thought of showing her a Telugu movie, so that, in this hot summer (Jodhpur is scorchy already), we can all relax under the luxury of the ac and savour some delicacies made by my mom. 'Having fun' while watching that movie was ofcourse high on agenda, however, the Indo-Pak cricket semifinal was unmissable though! However, to my utter dismay I figured out that I had misplaced that favourite Telugu movie CD. Now what? I was determined to show [or see ;)] that movie. I put the movie on download and went back to watch the match. The computer took its own sweet time to oblige my request, but it did. The movie was in .rm format i.e., real media format. That means I can watch it only on a PC. Sigh! Then? I saved the movie onto a flash drive and tried to connect my laptop to my LCD TV and also external speakers as the original sound quality was poor :( I did not find the appropriate connecter. Sigh again! What ne...

The resilient and agile librarian

He said he is leaving. I had no time to react. I was supposed to go online to start my lecture in the next few minutes. Before that I had to give finishing touches to my notes too. Already I was running late in preparing for the lecture. These days everything is at the eleventh hour. Having a work-life balance is a forgotten concept. No complaints whatsoever. Interestingly, the topic of my lecture for the day is about resilience and agility for librarians. What a stark contrast of situations! Sigh! I did not say a word. Silently I did my part of formalities. I sat at my desk and opened my slides and notes. Mechanically I ran through the slides. Words in my notes were dancing before my eyes. His words were ringing in my ears. It was getting difficult for me to concentrate. I closed my eyes tightly, took a deep breath, and reprimanded myself – “nobody is indispensable”; remember? This is what the Head of the Division said to my Reporting Officer when my contract got over in my very fir...